Welcome to my room!
While I was preparing to embark on my college career, one of my favorite things to do was find room inspiration through various media outlets.
Since I was able to find inspiration from other people, now is the time for me to return the favor. Here you'll find some photographs and a few tips that really helped me put everything together.
I definitely believe having a place that you like to come home to in college is vital to a smoother transition and creating an overall positive experience. With that said, I hope you enjoy and find some inspiration in #Mygoldenspotofgainesville!
- Plan ahead! Start gathering inspiration as soon as you can, that way you will be less flustered and you will have less impulse purchases.
- Get crafty! Don't be afraid to pull out that glue gun. The more things you make by hand, the better.
- Green is the new black! Channel your inner green thumb and add some succulents or air plants to add a fresher feel to your space.
- Keep coffee in arms reach! If you're like me, coffee is a must in the morning. Keep it nearby or if you are not able to have a coffee maker in your dorm, stock up on some chocolate covered espresso beans.
- Be you! Getting inspiration from other people is great, however, you should make your space YOUR space. This is where YOU will be spending your time and making memories.